FULL-SERVICE CAREER COACHING-CONSULTING provides highly personalized coaching and consulting nationwide by phone. While each coaching relationship is customized to the client's individual needs, services commonly include:
- Skills/strengths/interests inventory
- Career discovery and clarification
- Career path planning and strategy
- Goal setting, motivation and accountability
- Resume/cover letter/LinkedIn review & strategy
- Job interview preparation
- Creating a professional narrative/identity (professional branding & messaging)
- Job search strategy
- Career transitions and leveraging your prior experience
- Possibilities brainstorming
Full-Service Career Coaching-Consulting gives clients access to all of the above coaching-consulting services, 4 phone calls, unlimited access to private client portal, plus email with Brad. Additional/ongoing calls available at a per-session rate.
PACKAGE #2: Resume, Cover Letter, & LinkedIn Review/Strategy gives your materials a thorough review and your professional identity a major boost. This is not a resume writing service. Instead, clients send one current version of their resume, a cover letter sample, their LinkedIn profile, and (if available) examples of jobs they're interested in. We then schedule an initial consultation call to discuss your strengths, skills, and goals. I independently review the materials for improvement, email you a mark-up of the materials, and meet with you again by phone to discuss edits and strategy. A final review email is conducted as needed. The result is a strategic professional identity and narrative that is cohesive throughout your customized materials. Turnaround time is 5-7 days for these services. Additional follow up calls available at a per-session rate.
PACKAGE #3: A La Carte Resume Review/Strategy like above, this services includes an initial consultation call, one resume review, one strategy call, emailed document mark-up, and a final review email as needed. Turnaround time is 5-7 days for these services. Additional follow up calls available at a per-session rate.
THE COACHING-CONSULTING RELATIONSHIP:
- Supports and encourages you through the challenging process of making significant life changes.
- Uncovering evidence that supports the direction and motivation for your next move.
- Values and utilizes your creativity and individuality.
- Helps you sustain the confidence and energy to take action.
- Helps you develop a mindful relationship with the stress and anxiety associated with the change process.
- Helps you clear the fog that clouds your view when you feel unsure of direction or mission.
- Challenges you to dig deeper, try harder, and move beyond the comfort zone that might be keeping you stuck.
- Assists you in developing real and practical action plans…and holds you accountable for them.
- Identifies and implements your core values, strengths, interests, and purpose.
- Encourages you to take responsibility for your choices and not get blocked by your excuses.
- Provides you with warm support when you need an unbiased listening ear.
- Gives voice to all of your interests and curiosities, while prioritizing what you choose to do next.
- Helps you develop confidence in your career direction and approach.
- Helps you balance your limited time with your hobbies, interests, passions, and obligations.
- Encourages a more mindful and positive approach to daily living.
Interested in working with Brad? Simply email or call to request a free phone consultation.
WHO IS CAREER COACHING-CONSULTING FOR?
My coaching-consulting is not the right fit for everybody’s needs. For those who would like to make changes in their life but aren’t ready to make a strong commitment to do the work, coaching might not have as much impact. Coaching asks you to do more than just show up to each session. It’s an agreement to actively engage in the work that will bring about growth and change.
When we collaborate, we have the opportunity to do life changing work. As your coach, my mission is to provoke possibilities, spot your strengths, challenge rigid mindsets and excuses, shed light on ineffective behaviors, help you create an action plan, help you break down big challenges into manageable steps, teach effective strategies, and support your growth. However, as your own best expert, you set the agenda based on your priorities. This is not a one-size-fits-all program. We design as we go based on your needs, remaining flexible to the changes that inevitably occur as we progress. I create a safe space for you to explore your vast potential, develop a sense of direction, and initiate the changes that will get you on your way. There is a place in the world for your unique talent so don’t lose your enthusiasm before you’ve had a chance to show the world what you have to offer.
Please understand that it is my ethical and professional obligation to make an assessment and determination on whether or not my services are an appropriate fit for each prospective client.
ISN’T COACHING THE SAME AS COUNSELING?
Our collaboration will look at your life at present and explore how you’d like to make changes that intentionally design your path forward. We may explore ineffective patterns, but our time together does not attempt to heal past trauma or treat mental illness as in psychotherapy. While coaching is highly supportive, introspective, and life changing in its purpose- it is not equal to or an alternative to psychotherapy. It is possible to work concurrently with both me and a therapist, provided both professionals are informed of and agree to such an arrangement.
Clients who feel like they might be experiencing moderate to severe depression, emotional trauma, or other emotional/psychological difficulty should first consider an evaluation by a mental health professional. Because I practice solely as a career coach, I do not market myself as or provide psychotherapeutic services. To find a licensed mental health provider, you can search a directory such as Psychology Today. If you or someone you know is experiencing a health or mental health crisis, please dial 911 or your local emergency service to access an urgent care provider.
IS PHONE COACHING-CONSULTING AS EFFECTIVE AS MEETING IN PERSON?
When I hired my first phone-based coach, I had no idea what to expect. But after only a couple sessions, I loved the fact that it was phone based… and not just because I could stay in my pajamas! When you’re on the phone, you’ll probably find that it heightens your attention, your deep listening, and your ability to provide honest instinctual responses. You can find a place with no distractions and work with fewer time or location constraints. Together we’ll create a comfortable judgement-free environment. I think you’ll find that it’s a wonderfully creative and inspiring process.
Although I understand the initial apprehension to talk with a stranger, I ask you to consider being open to giving something new a try; especially if the old ways don’t seem to be working for you. I think you’ll find that once the content of our discussions bring us together, a trust and rhythm soon develops. I invite you to request a phone consultation at no risk or cost.
WHAT IS A COACHING-CONSULTING SESSION LIKE?
It’s common for me to ask a lot of deep questions, observe and reflect your responses, make connections and notice patterns, assign homework that encourages breakthroughs, spot your strengths, utilize humor & story-telling, encourage journaling, help create realistic plans, and offer unconditional support & feedback. You’ll feel challenged, and I believe you need that challenge in order to change old patterns and approach your career with fresh thinking. The power of coaching stems from a strong client-coach connection and open communication. I find joy in creating a warm atmosphere for doing creative work—always respectful and trusting of my clients’ inherent resourcefulness.
My process does not plug you into a one-size-fits-all coaching program. Every client and every session is different. However, I do work from a core philosophy and foundation of strategies that have developed over years of education, training, and direct client experience. You come to coaching with a lifetime of beliefs, habits, and desired outcomes; so this isn’t about changing who you are at your core or telling you who I think you should be. To the contrary, I’m here to help you live more aligned with what feels authentic to you.
WHAT DO I GET WHEN I HIRE YOU FOR COACHING-CONSULTING SERVICES?
- One-on-one phone meetings with flexibility that fits your schedule.
- Clarification of short-term/long-term goals and the development of a detailed coaching plan.
- Access to a wide variety of integrative techniques, educational resources, homework assignments, assessments, and strategic planning.
- Unlimited between-session email support while you’re an active client.
- Access to a private client site where you can securely send me messages and write unlimited journal entries.
- The flexibility of simple electronic payment and no expensive contracts or obligations.
- A warm and encouraging space to develop a collaboration that’s tailor-made to your needs. Conversations with a seasoned coach who has a proven track record of successfully working with a diverse range of clients.
WHAT DON’T I GET WHEN I HIRE YOU?
- A mystical self-help guru.
- Walking on hot coals.
- A one-size-fits-all miracle program or elite membership that doesn’t provide the value it promises.
- A job recruiter or placement service.
WHY DID YOU BECOME A CAREER COACH-CONSULTANT?
- I love and believe in the coaching-consulting process. I’ve hired coaches myself and now I get to see over and over how well it works for my clients.
- I’m not one to follow with convention and this format gives me great flexibility in working with my clients. I believe our culture has evolved in a way that is now craving creativity, individuality, authenticity, ethical responsibility, social connection, and entrepreneurial spirit. With coaching I can be at the forefront of this cultural shift.
- I’ve integrated philosophies and tools from a variety of disciplines in a way that feels genuine to me and gets results for my clients. Our relationship is action & change oriented, but it’s also nurturing, warm, and relaxed. My style is influenced by narrative, existential, and co-active coaching models. My coaching style embraces a positive, humanistic, strengths-based, whole-person approach. I thrive when I have the opportunity to be a supporter, collaborator, strategist, and teacher.
WHAT ABOUT THE COST?
My coaching is a down-to-earth, impactful, and affordable investment. For pricing of all packages please contact me to schedule complimentary phone consultation. Regretfully, I am unable to email pricing of coaching services without first conducting a phone-based consultation/assessment. Resume services start at $175.00
As a preferred career coach for the University of Michigan and Michigan State University alumni associations, students and alumni have access to a discounted rate. Please contact me or call your alumni association to learn more.